Sunday, January 15, 2012

Through the Grapevine


Welcome to my new business venture!  Since 2008, I have been working on and off as a product marketing consultant while acquiring new social media marketing skills to catch up to the developments which occurred in internet marketing while I was home with the boys, full time.

Today, I am officially kicking off my new business as a Social Media Manager.  My goal is to help small businesses grow by implementing active social media strategies.  Every business is different, but a social media strategy can be any combination of starting and maintaining a blog to build personal brands and business communities, utilizing that blog, jointly with Twitter and Facebook, to build a following, and tuning webpages and blogs to achieve search engine optimization to expand the business’ web presence.

My services can be helpful to small businesses and individual entrepreneurs who:

  • would like to build their own personal or business brand through social media
  • have limited marketing resources
  • are too busy to work on social media to any great effect
  • don’t have the inclination toward, or are intimidated by, social media
  • want to drive more traffic to their website or blog.

I have performed freelance marketing and writing work which has involved marketing myself in the greater Boston area and beyond.  What I have come to realize is that my hometown community is filled with professionals who want to better incorporate social media into their business strategies, to take their businesses to the next level.  I am hopeful that people who already know me, may be inclined to consider me for a social media manager role, or to refer someone to me.

In addition to looking for clients who would like to pay for my services, I am also looking for one or two clients who would like me to set up and maintain a blog for them, for free.  This way I can help them with their social media strategy as I continue to learn and build a bit of a portfolio.  Receive free social media strategy advice! Create an effective blog together!  Iron out a few kinks along the way!  Great opportunity!  If you know of anyone who might like to take advantage of this mutual benefit, please let me know.

To get ideas of how social media can help your business and to get a flavor for my writing style, please subscribe to my blog and watch it grow.  If you know of someone, now or in the future, who needs help with their social media strategy, please send them directly to me or to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment